Gates CDN Belt
Cdn is a good choice if you would like to get the best performance in any conditions. Gates Carbon Drive is a low-maintenance, chain-replacing technology from Gates Corp. Clean, quiet, light and strong, Carbon Drive requires no greasy lube, weighs less than a chain and will not stretch thanks to the carbon fiber reinforcement. Due to its low maintenance and cleanliness, Carbon Drive is a technology makes it easier for people to get on bikes and reach another level of cycling experience.
Designed for casual urban cyclists and city cyclists, Gates Carbon Drive™ CDN™ line is for people who like to ride to work in jeans or a skirt. Sporting the same carbon fiber tensile cord technology and CenterTrack sprocket design as Gates premium CDX system, our CDN line offers a lower-cost option for the casual rider.
The Benefits of the belt drive system:
- Clean - No Lubrication means no greasy build up of dirt, keeping your hands, clothes, and children clean.
- Smooth – The Carbon Drive system eliminates the metal-to-metal contact of chains, delivering an unparalleled smoothness that you need to feel to believe.
- No Noise – The Carbon Drive belt is virtually silent in most riding conditions.
- Light Weight – the entire system, 2 sprockets and a belt, weighs less than just a typical chain.
- No Stretch – The Carbon Drive belt does not stretch over time like a chain. This means you don’t have to re-tension the belt, or replace the belt due to stretch.
- Self-Cleaning – The patented CenterTrack and MudPort profiles were designed specifically to shed mud, dirt, snow and other debris to meet the needs and environmental challenges of a bicycle.
- Life – Testing has shown the Carbon Drive belt to last more than twice the life of chains.
- Consistent Efficiency - the Carbon Drive belt provides consistent efficiency over the lifetime of the drive. In contrast, chain efficiency decreases with wear and dirt.
|Mounting||CDN - CDX CenterTrack sprockets|
|Material||Engineered polymer - carbon tensile cords|