Effetto Mariposa Shelter Off-Road Pack
- protects against scratches and shocks
- easy to apply
- perfect adhesion also on curved surfaces
- doesn’t turn yellow over time
- visco-elastic behaviour reduced vibrations
Shelter Off-Road protects from impacts(*) – spreading their energy within its structure -, is abrasion and solvent resistant, doesn’t yellow and has a semi-structural(***) adhesion(**) to the surface it’s applied onto: normal bicycle washing won’t affect it, but it can be removed – if needed – without damaging the underlying paint.
(*) ref. ASTM D256 Impact test
(**) complying with AFERA 4001
(***) after 24 hours from application
Available in different sizes/formats:
- Shelter Kit Off-Road: a sheet with pre-cut elements specific for off-road purposes, to easily protect sensitive frame areas (chainstays, down tube, cable/frame contact points, horizontal tube against brake levers contact).
- Shelter Pack Off-Road: sealed pack with two 54 x 500 mm(****), 1,2 mm thick elements. Ideal to protect one bicycle, adapting the tape to the surfaces to protect.
- Shelter Roll Off-Road: recommended for enthusiasts, shops or teams. Size: 54 mm x 1 m or 5 m(****), 1,2 mm thick.
(****) tolerance +/- 10% on width and length
a weight of 0,130 g per square centimeter generates the following results:
- Shelter Kit Off-Road: approx. 39 g (total weight of all the elements of the Kit)
- Shelter Pack Off-Road (two 54 x 500 mm, 1,2 mm thick elements): approx. 70 g.
- Shelter Roll Off-Road (54 mm x 5 m, 1,2 mm thick): approx. 350 g.
Beware of copies!
starting from 2014, to protect our customers from counterfeit products, we added watermark “Shelter Effetto Mariposa” logos inside Shelter structure, impossible to remove and very difficult to copy (see picture).
Both “Effetto Mariposa” and “Shelter” are registered trademarks.
Easy to apply:
1. After removing cables or other interfering elements, clean the area where you want to apply Shelter with alcohol and a clean cloth. Remove traces of dried-up alcohol with a clean, dry cloth.
2. Take the suitable pre-cut Shelter element or cut a custom made Shelter piece, without removing the backing paper.
3. Peel Shelter backing paper on a length of 1 inch/25 mm, freeing the adhesive surface (DO NOT TOUCH THE ADHESIVE SURFACE WITH YOUR FINGERS).
4. Stick the adhesive surface of Shelter on the area you want to protect by applying a firm and constant pressure with your thumbs.
5. Remove the rest of Shelter backing paper progressively, as you position and attach your Shelter element on the area you want to protect. Starting from the center, use your thumbs to push Shelter down, slowly working your way to the sides and applying a constant pressure.
Shelter is UV-shielded so it won’t turn yellow over time and will even protect the underlaying frame paint from UV degradation.
Visco-elasticity reduces vibrations:
The transmission of vibrational energy through any structure can be reduced by introducing visco-elastic materials at discrete points. It’s exactly what Shelter does, providing stiff carbon frames with protection but also contributing to reduce vibrations.